While on Android, both the original photo and Instagram photo are saved on your device, iPhone users don’t have it so easy. The complaint is that Instagram doesn’t allow iPhone users to save full-size, original resolution pictures. The thing is, it does — this feature is just disabled by default and it’s a little tricky to change it. Here’s how:
1. Go to your iPhone’s settings app and locate Instagram’s settings menu.
2. Switch the “Save original photo” setting to “ON”.
3. Done. Go snap more pictures.
That’s it. All original, high-res images will now be saved to your camera roll so you’re free to process them to using other photo-enhancement apps.
How to Make an Instagram Slideshow
Now that you know how to save your original-res Instagram photos to your iPhone’s Camera Roll, you can do anything with them you’d do with your other digital photos—in any program. One of the best ways I’ve found for showcasing Instagram photos is by combining them to create a fun, musical DVD slideshow to share with friends and family. To do this I naturally recommend our fabulous Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe. Now packed with more stunningly diverse slide styles than ever before, it’s even easier to make a memorable show in minutes.
DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe Key Features:
- Drag-n-drop unlimited photos, videos and music to create your show
- Customize your DVD slideshow with 130+ 2D/3D transitions
- Look like a pro with built-in film effects.
- One-click to burn photo slideshows to DVD.
- Share high-quality videos on YouTube, Facebook & virtually anywhere.
IMPORTANT: The fix will only save your ORIGINAL photos. This means without any filters you apply, so in essence, you’re just saving regular photos, not the enhanced colorful ones Instagram is famous for. The thing is, when you apply a filter in the program, it automatically reduces in image size to a thumbnail. As of now, you can’t get that filtered version back. Sorry, but we’ll keep you posted on the lasted fixes, for sure.