Yeah, iPad 2 is in the heat! iPad 2 is perfect for watching videos: from HD movies and TV shows to podcasts and music videos. iPad 2 is one big, beautiful display — 9.7 inches of high-resolution photos, movies, web pages, books, and more. And you can keep watching for up to 10 hours, thanks to the lithium-polymer battery in iPad. However, the videos formats supported by iPad 2 is still limited and lots of popular video formats are not supported by iPad/iPad 2. Maybe now you are also bothered by this. How to convert videos to iPad 2 so that you can enjoy any video on the go?
iPad and iPad 2 Supported Video Formats & Movie Formats
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
iPad and iPad 2 Supported TV Formats
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
- Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
iPad and iPad 2 Supported Audio Formats
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV Adapter (sold separately)
So if you have some WMV, MKV, FLV, AVI, MP4, SGP, etc. and want to enjoy them on iPad but iPad does not let you do that! At this moment, what you need to do is to convert videos to iPad 2 videos.
This article will teach you how to convert videos to iPad 2 on Mac with a Mac Video Converter and convert movies to iPad 2 on Windows with Video Converter for Windows. Jut get the right version according to your computer system.
Free download video to iPad 2 converter:
How to convert videos to iPad 2 on Mac and Windows
This guide takes the Mac video to iPad 2 conversion for example. The way to convert movies to iPad 2 on Windows is the same as that on Mac. So just make sure you get the right version.
Step 1: Add video files to Mac Video Converter
Click the File -> Add Video Files button to add video files. This Video to iPad 2 converter for Mac supports drag-drop and batch conversion, so you can import and convert several multimedia files at a time.
Step 2: Select output format as iPad
Click image button at right of each video item, set output file name and choose iPad as output format from Format list.
Step 3: Click ‘Start’ to convert videosto iPad 2 on Mac
Just click ‘Start’ to convert video to iPad 2 on Mac OS X.
Note: If you want to watch DVD on your iPad 2, you need to convert DVD to iPad 2 with a Mac video and DVD converter.